Sunday, January 16, 2011

The New York Trilogy

I keep coming back to Paul Auster's work. Perhaps it's a desire to elevate my writing to a more literary level, or perhaps it's just that he's such a good storyteller. I think it's both, and his seeming obsession with chance that appeals to my sense of chaos in our confused little world.

Auster has written everything from postmodern noir in the New York Trilogy, to introspective personal memoirs, but in all he manages to construct a pace and rhythm that keeps the pages turning.

Now, as this is 'Crime Time' I'll not side track you with a discussion on modern mainstream literary mores... but rather point you in the direction of something relevant to your self-admitted taste...

Read the New York Trilogy. You'll like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment